Welcome to the NZGCSA noticeboard, you can view or place advertisements here. Current adverts are listed below.
To place a listing, please click here.
Springfield Golf Club, Rotorua
The Springfield Golf Club in Rotorua is looking for a new Greens Superintendent to run our turf management team.
Springfield is a tight tree lined course which was the home of Danny Lee who is currently playing on the PGA Tour with all the leisure activities at your back door with lakes, bike tracks, and sea some within walking distance others within 1/2 hour drive.
The ideal candidate would need the following skills:
Holding or working towards level 4 Sports Turf Qualification
Grosafe and Approved Handlers Certificate
Understanding of Workplace Health and Safety requirements and reporting
Strong communication skills
Honest and reliable
A team player that works well with others and can work on their own
Can work in with volunteers and helpers as needed
Please forward your CV with a cover letter to: Admin@springfieldgolf.co.nz or PO Box 218, Rotorua.
Remuneration will be discussed at interview based on experience and skill level.
Waitakere Golf Club - Greens Superintendent
The Waitakere Golf Club, situated within the Waitakere Ranges regional park in West Auckland is looking for a new Greens Superintendent.
As Superintendent you would be responsible for the overall maintenance of the course, identifying potential improvements to be made to the course and working with the Board in developing a strategic plan for the future of the course.
Ideally you are looking to take your career to the next level and are welcoming of the challenge of improving our course.
We are looking for someone with the following skills and experience:
· Sports Turf Qualification, Level 4 preferable. (However previous experience will be taken into account).
· Previous Greenskeeping experience.
· Ability to manage a team, including volunteers.
· The ability to operate and maintain various greenskeeping equipment and irrigation systems.
· An understanding of and ability to comply with Health and Safety legislation and other legal requirements.
· Excellent communication skills to discuss club activities, goals, objectives and member/customer concerns.
· Flexibility with hours needed including ability to work weekends on a rotational basis.
· A good sense of humor.
All applicants must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work VISA.
All applications will be treated in complete confidence.
For any questions please contact Joshua Ritchie on (09) 810 9399
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
PENINSULA KINGSWOOD COUNTRY GOLF CLUB
UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY TO BE A PART OF THE
REDEVELOPMENT OF THE NORTH & SOUTH COURSES
Interested in working for one of Melbourne’s Sandbelt Top Private Golf Courses – this could be the job for you – Qualified Greenkeeper.
The Peninsula Kingswood Country Golf Club, invites applications for a Full Time Qualified Greenkeeper to join their golf course maintenance team. Applicants must have a very keen interest in fine turf management, horticulture, machinery and be able to play and understand the game of golf.
The successful applicant will have the unique opportunity to be a part of the redevelopment of the North and South Courses with aspirations of presenting the courses at industry leading standards. Personal qualities such as a strong work ethic, team orientated, highly motivated, courteous nature, and an eye for detail along with a strong desire to build your career to become a Course Superintendent, will be highly considered.
The successful applicant will have:
- Certificate III in Horticulture qualification (green keeping)
- Chemical Spray certification
- Previous experience operating ground maintenance machinery
- Understanding of OH&S and environmental requirements of a Golf Course
- Excellent communication skills
- Current Australian drivers licence
The successful applicant will be trained in all aspects of golf course management and have the necessary interest and personal qualities required of the role.
Written applications including references should be addressed to The Director of Courses, Glenn Stuart, The Peninsula Kingswood Country Golf Club, Skye Road, Frankston, Vic, AUSTRALIA 3199 or e-mail: email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: FRIDAY 27 OCTOBER, 2017
The Hills Golf Club in Arrowtown is seeking a Workshop Manager/Mechanic to look after a modern, extensive and varied fleet of equipment. The fleet ranges from specialist golf course equipment and small machinery through to excavators. The ideal candidate will have a wide mechanical experience and skills, be adaptable and personable, and willing to get involved in a huge variety of jobs. This is an opportunity to work with significant autonomy in a great environment in a full-time permanent role. A competitive remuneration package will be available. You need to be eligible to work in N.Z. to apply and can do so by sending a cover letter and C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org
TIC Projects - Staff Wanted
Experienced Turf / Landscape / Golf Construction Staff Wanted.
Due to an increasing forward work load TIC Projects are seeking applications for Irrigation, Drainage, Turf Maintenance and Construction staff for projects in Queenstown and the Greater Central Lakes District with experience in Fine Lawn Development, Turf Maintenance and Renovation, Sports Field Development and Golf Course Construction.
TIC is NZ’s longest established Golf and Sports Turf Construction company offering ongoing residential work along with some major upcoming projects that will keep you busy for the foreseeable future while experiencing and enjoying living in Queenstown, NZ’s Outdoor Adventure Capital and Golfing mecca.
Contact in the first instance via; email@example.com
Wainui is Auckland's newest superior golf course, restaurant, bar and function venue. Boasting an exceptional 18 hole course, 9 hole course, driving range, restaurant, bar and events space.
We are seeking to expand our team of professional and dedicated turf maintenance staff and are looking for applicants with experience in greenkeeping or a similar profession.
The key responsibilities of the role are:
· Keen eye for detail and a passion for Course presentation
· Preparation and cleaning of machines for use
· Maintaining drainage systems
· Planning and managing the control of weeds, pests and disease
· Prepare, establish and maintain grass areas
· Dew Removal, via mowing, rolling, dew brushing or dew poling
· Mowing rough, semi-rough, greens, tees, fairways and any other areas.
· Cultural Practises, via scarifying/verti-cutting, coring, solid tinning or sand spreading
· Applying nutrition
· Turf repairs via, seeding, turf, divot repairs
· Irrigating turf
You will possess:
· Ability to work unsupervised as well as be part of a large focused team
· Qualification in Sports Turf Management or similar or nearing completion
· Good understanding of Health and Safety
· Excellent communication skills
· Willing to work towards personal development and improve on current skills
· Flexible with hours and able to work weekends on a rotational basis
· Valid drivers licence
Wainui offers excellent career development opportunities as well as a great team and environment to work in. Check us out at www.wainui.online.
Email Lee-Anne Durling, firstname.lastname@example.org
Head Greenkeeper - The Pines Golf Club
The Pines is a small country Golf Club located on the Whangarei Harbour, 17km from central Whangarei. Members are mostly locals, many of whom contribute readily to the clubs well-being. In summer months numbers are swollen significantly by visitors, some of whom have been returning from overseas for a number of years. Our land is freehold and we are currently debt free.
In addition to having overall responsibility for the day to day running of the course the person appointed will be expected to advise the committee on future development and ongoing improvement.
Ideal skills and experience required;
· Sports Turf qualification, ideally at Level 4, though previous experience will be taken into consideration.
· Previous green-keeping experience.
· Ability to manage others, including volunteers.
· Ability to manage a wide range of green-keeping equipment.
· An understanding of and an ability to comply with Health and Safety legislation.
· Approved handler certificate.
· Applicants should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Field Drainage Specialists (NZ) Ltd are currently seeking staff for various positions. We have a full work load for the upcoming season in the Auckland Region, and work in the Pacific Islands for the right candidates.
We are seeking applications for the following:
· Equipment operators (tractors/excavator/truck)
· Drainage and irrigation installers
· Mower operators
· Minor civil work including building paths, retaining walls
Successful applicants should possess the following attributes:
· Enjoy working outdoors.
· Experience/or an interest in working in the turf industry.
· Be reliable, punctual and possess a strong work ethic.
· Enjoy working within a team.
· Be available for flexible hours and weekend work.
· Be eligible to work in New Zealand.
· Hold a current New Zealand drivers license.
· Be able to pass a Police check
Remuneration will be based on experience and ability. Previous experience would be advantageous, but we would be willing to help the right candidate.
Please forward a CV with covering letter to email@example.com
GHCC Course Superintendent
Purpose of Position:
On a high level the Course superintendent is a key role in the Gulf Harbour Country Club. operations. The Superintendent will be responsible for the ongoing maintenance and presentation of both The championship 18, Driving Range, Short Game Practice Facility and general grounds.
This key role is both an active working position and has accountability for the administration of the department from both a human resource and financial resource view point.
The protection and safe operation of all equipment associated with achieving these goals is a key responsibility.
This position will be responsible for operating this department within the guidelines and policies and procedures as established by the Board of Directors.
1. Perform the duties of Golf Course Superintendent for GHCC 2016 LTD, including but not limited to:
2. assist with the day-to-day operation of the Club and all of its activities and facilities as required;
3. participate in the development of the Club’s long range and annual business plans;
4. responsible for managing and maintaining the Club’s property that includes:
5. the golf course
6. the maintenance equipment
7. clubhouse grounds and landscaping
8. open spaces, wooded areas, unused acreage and areas outside the perimeter of the golf course(s)
9. Turf nursery
10. driving range, short game practice facility,
11. other properties as specified by the management
12. construction, renovation and/or reconstruction of identified properties, whether performed by maintenance staff or outside contractors. The Superintendent must submit written plans for course construction, reconstruction or renovation projects to the General Manager which will be forwarded to director for review and approval;
13. prepares the annual budgets for the maintenance and capital improvement of the course(s) properties. The Superintendent develops the annual budgets in a manner consistent with the long-range plans and maintenance standards approved by the Director and Board of Directors. The Superintendent will ensure budgeted wage targets are met and staffing levels are appropriate for specified course conditions and standards;
14. interviews, hires, trains, directs and supervises a staff of employees for the purpose of maintaining the course(s) properties. The Superintendent must obtain the approval of the director to hire, lay-off, terminate staff, or increase compensation for staff;
15. plans all maintenance and project work, applying his agronomic and administrative expertise to achieve the agreed-upon maintenance standards and long-range goals;
16. oversees the scheduling and routing of personnel and equipment to accomplish the maintenance and project work. The Superintendent frequently inspects the golf course and related areas to ensure management standards are being achieved and to effect any changes required;
17. with the approval of the director and in accordance with approved budgets, acquires equipment and purchases supplies to maintain the golf course and other properties. The Superintendent is responsible for inventory control and oversees the equipment maintenance programs. The Superintendent approves all expenditures and exercises cost control measures to keep within approved operating and capital budgets
18. keeps accurate and complete records on payroll, inventory, weather data, maintenance procedures, pesticide applications, etc.;
19. communicates regularly with the Golf Professional and Director and/or their designate(s) to discuss activities, goals/objectives, plans and member/customer concerns;
20. works with all Club department heads to schedule, supervise and direct the employees to carry out the planned and budgeted activities of the Club according to the approved long range and annual business plans;
21. participates in outside activities that are judged appropriate and approved by Director & Board of Directors to enhance the prestige of the Club and broaden the scope of the Club within the local community; and,
24. ensures the Club is operated in accordance with all applicable municipal, provincial and federal laws.
25. Reports to the Director and in his/her absence a designate of the GHCC 2016 Ltd
26. The Employee shall discharge and perform his duties and obligations under this Agreement honestly and in good faith and with the care, skill, prudence and diligence that a person acting in a like capacity would use in the conduct of an enterprise of like character and with like aims.
27. The Employee shall devote the whole of his working time and attention, based on a 43 hour work week on average, to the business and operations of the Company and shall not engage in any other business or occupation while employed by the Company.
28. The Employee agrees that all written communication with third parties will be on GHCC letterhead and the employee will represent to all parties that the Employee represents and acts for GHCC 2016 Ltd.
29. The Employee shall not disclose to any person other than a director or officer of the Company, the business or private affairs of any person, firm or corporation with whom the company has contracted with or any private of confidential information regarding the Company.
30. Any other reasonable task as requested by the Director or the Board.
If you are looking for you next challenge then this is the position for you. Please send your covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
For any questions regarding this position then contact Carly on 09-428-1380.
1. Greenkeeper Labourer - Full time
2. Greenkeeper Labourer - 7 month fixed term contract – October 2017 to April 2018 on a 7-month contract during daylight saving.
Gulf Harbour Country Club located 45 minutes for Auckland, host of the 1998 World cup and 2005/06 New Zealand Open. We require the service of a greenkeeper’s labourer the person will join an experienced team as a labourer to help maintain our golf course.
No experience necessary, but an interest in golf and turf industry would be an advantage. The successful person must be hardworking physically fit. Previous experience with a line trimer or ride on mower would be advantageous but not essential.
Essentials required for these positions:
· Keen eye for detail and a passion for good presentation
· Good communication skills with other work colleagues
· Work well unsupervised but also as part of a large team.
· Be reliable, have a conscientious attitude and be willing to learn
· Willing to work flexible hours and rotational weekend work
· Be committed to furthering their career in the turf industry
· Have a valid driving license.
· Be eligible to work in New Zealand
If you are considering a career in the turf industry, this is an excellent opportunity to gain visibility to the environment.
Please send your covering letter and CV to email@example.com indicating the post you are applying for.
Great Experience on Top Clubs in America
Work on a TOP 100 Golf Course in the USA
Be part of the crew for a US PGA Tour Event
Improve your long term career prospects
Gain Valuable Experience & Knowledge from the best Superintendents in America
Requirements: Single, Aged 19-28, Clean Driving/ Drug Record
Must have at least level 4 or above or more than one year full time turf education
Program from 7-18 months
Help with Visas, Travel Plans and health Insurance
Optional Advanced Turf Classes available online
See Brad (from NZ) talk about his experience so far as part of The Ohio Program - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a3Phwwto6A
Apply online at: www.ohioprogram.org/applynow/IA.php
Maraenui Golf Club - Trainee Greenkeeper
Maraenui Golf Club is based on the Hawke Bay coast approx. 5km from Napier CBD. We are an established Club of approx. 600 members. Based on 40ha’s of land we have an 18 hole Par 72 golf course and a 9 hole Public Course facility. The course is predominantly flat with tree lined fairways.
A full time position has become available for an experienced trainee Green-keeper. We are looking for a self-motivated and enthusiastic person who is prepared to learn all aspects of green-keeping.
The successful applicant will need to have:
- A Green-keepers qualification (either level 1, 2 or 3).
- A good eye for detail and a passion for green-keeping.
- Good initiative and work well as part of a team of 4.
- A current and clean driver’s licence.
- Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
If you are fit and enthusiastic, enjoy working outdoors and being part of a hardworking team then we look forward to hearing from you. Please forward CV and a covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org attention Phil Carew, Club Manager.
Course Super - Waiuku Golf Club
Waiuku GC is one of the courses Dowd Greenkeeping maintains. Successful applicant will need level 4 or to be working towards level 4. Initial supervision will be given. Top pay rates.
Second Hand Machinery - Royal Auckland Golf Club