Welcome to the NZGCSA noticeboard, you can view or place advertisements here. Current adverts are listed below.
To place a listing, please click here.
Course Superintendent - Muriwai Golf Club
Due to a family relocation, the Muriwai Golf Links on Auckland's beautiful West Coast is currently seeking a Course Superintendent.
Muriwai has recently been ranked in the top twelve courses in New Zealand, and the successful applicant will have the knowledge and attributes that will continue on with the excellent work undertaken by the outgoing Superintendent.
We are looking for the following skills:
· Growsafe and approved handlers certificate in safe handling and application of Agri-chemicals
· Experience with the Rainbird irrigation system and software
· Approved handler for safe use and storage of fuels
· Good understanding of the Health and safety regulations and systems
· Minimum level 4 in sports turf Management
· Chainsaw certificate would be an advantage
· Experience with a wide range of machinery including servicing and setup of machines
· Good management and inter person skills to lead a 4 man team
· Experience with setting budgets, planning schedule and managing projects
· Excellent communicator with all
· Excellent agronomy skills in managing turf, particularly managing poa/browntop/bent greens and Kikuyu grass
· Presenting the course to a high standard all year round for members and visitors. Tournament experience would be an advantage.
· Excellent remuneration package
· Use of the Club Ute
· Awesome location
· Club Membership
· Great team environment
To apply for this role please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com or post to P.O. Box 45. Waimuaku 0842. Auckland.
Applications will close on the 8th February 2019
Greenkeeper - Hagley Golf Club
Hagley Golf Club in the heart of Christchurch, Canterbury, is currently looking for an enthusiastic, confident, and self-motivated Greenkeeper.
The successful applicant will have an understanding of the game of golf and be hardworking with attention to detail. We are looking for an individual looking to continue improving this 18 hole golf course (14 physical holes). We have recently renewed several machines.
It is a sole charge position but you will work with enthusiastic volunteers who want to continue to provide a city course in the heart of Christchurch that has been here since 1873.
The successful applicant will work with the Course committee to manage and present the course at its best.
· Have a positive attitude
· Be punctual and have good planning and time management skills
· Have good communication skills
· Be able to work unsupervised
· Have mechanical expertise
· Greenkeeper Qualification
· Grow Safe & User Handler Certificate
· Valid driver’s license
· Health & Safety Knowledge
· Golf membership
· Fantastic Location
· Friendly Members
· Remuneration will be based on qualifications and experience
We welcome you to apply with your current CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us with any questions. Applications will be considered as they are received.
Huapai Golf Club - Assistant Superintendent Role/2nd In Charge
The position of Assistant Golf Course Superintendent/2nd in charge is available for a suitably qualified person to join a motivated greenkeeping team to maintain the golf course to the high standards expected of medium sized Auckland golf club. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in golf course maintenance, be self-driven and passionate about the preparation and presentation of the golf course. A willingness for personal development is essential and participation in continuous education will be encouraged. This position will report directly to the course superintendent.
Huapai Golf Club is passionate about its golf course which is set in a wonderful location near Riverhead and overlooking Rangitopuni Creek. The 4 green keeping staff plus volunteers perform all the duties expected of a high performing team.
Huapai Golf Club is currently implementing a comprehensive drainage plan over the coming years as well as many other course development projects which will be exciting to be involved in.
Responsibilities and duties include:
· Daily course setup and staff management.
· Operations and maintenance of irrigation system. (Knowledge of RAINBIRD irrigation system is an advantage).
· Operations, maintenance and training in machinery and equipment.
· Carrying out various spray applications.
· Ensuring health & safety, legislative policies and procedures are adhered to as a priority.
· Deputising in the Superintendent’s absence.
Ideal experience and qualifications:
· Minimum qualification level 3 in Sports Turf Management.
· Certified handler & growsafe certified.
· Higher education qualifications and extensive work experience is an advantage.
· Knowledge of golf rules and the game of golf.
· Experience in a leadership role.
· Good record keeping and computer skills.
Weekend work will be required on a rota based system.
Salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
Please send a C.V with a cover letter to email@example.com by February 8th 2019 5pm
Only applicants gaining an interview will be contacted.
Karori Golf Club - Qualified Green Keeper
The Karori Golf Club is a long established and profitable golf club that owns and operates a full 18 hole course and a 10 hole pitch-and-putt course in South Makara, about 7km from central Karori, one of the western suburbs of Wellington. The club has a vacancy for a qualified green keeper who would work as part of a 3 person team along with the Course Superintendent and an apprentice.
The successful candidate will ideally have the following attributes and experience:
· An understanding and appreciation of golf and a desire to provide top class playing conditions for members and visitors
· Qualifications in green keeping/turf management, at least Level 4
· Growsafe and Approved Handler training for agrichemicals
· Chain saw experience
· Mechanical aptitude
· A commitment to safety and sound HSE practices
· Effective communication and interpersonal skills, able to work as part of a team
· Common sense, initiative, a cheerful disposition and a strong work ethic
· Drivers licence
The applicant must be able to start their working day at 7am and to work some weekend mornings.
For further information, email the club via firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 027 453 8227.
To apply for the role, email your CV and covering letter outlining your suitability to the club via the above email address, quoting Green Keeper Application in the heading, or post to
PO Box 17 006
Greenkeeper - Eketahuna Golf Club
Eketahuna is an iconic small town located 30 mins north of Masterton and less than a one hour drive from Palmerston North. The golf club is full 18 hole course situated on the outskirts of the town. The greenkeeper's position is a sole charge role with volunteers undertaking both fairway and rough mowing and other support tasks as required.
Eketahuna Golf Club is a strong united club with a vision to maintain the club and course at the highest possible level in a fiscally responsible way.
The key requirement of the job is the ability to work effectively by yourself; recognise and fix issues in a pro-active way or as they arise. So, previous greenkeeping experience or a real willingness to learn is a must along with your ability to:
· operate and have a mechanical understanding of course maintenance equipment and irrigation systems;
· be flexible in your work hours;
· have or willing to obtain certificates / qualifications in turf management and;
· have or willing to obtain accreditation in chemical applications (eg Approved Chemical Handlers Certificate).
In addition you must have:
· a good understanding of health & safety;
· a good sense of humour;
· a valid driver’s licence and;
· NZ residency or a valid NZ work Visa.
Contact Jack Boettcher 027 314 8020 or Hamish Anderson 06 375 8310 for further information or forward cover letter and CV to:
Eketahuna Golf Club
P O Box 51
or email email@example.com
Applications close Friday 1 February 2019
Full Time Greenkeeper
Gulf Harbour Country Club, host of the 1998 World Cup and 2005/06 New Zealand Open are seeking a full time greenkeeper to be filled by either labourer, 3rd year apprentice or qualified greenkeeper.
Gulf Harbour is located 25km north of Auckland on the picturesque Whangaparaoa Peninsula, the new owners and management team are set to initiate extensive redevelopments to the ocean side course and club house, to bring it back to its former world championship standard.
These include a range of course upgrades from drainage to irrigation to raise the profile of GHCC. This is on top of the recently procured, complete new fleet of course maintenance machinery and equipment. To join the exciting times at GHCC applicants require but not limited to the following key attributes:
· Good communication skills with other work colleagues
· Work well unsupervised but also as part of a large team
· Be reliable, have a conscientious attitude and be willing to learn
· Keen eye for detail and a passion for course presentation
· Willing to work flexible hours and rotational weekend work
· Be committed to furthering their career in the turf industry
· Have a valid driving license
· Be eligible to work in New Zealand
If you are looking for a new challenge, please apply by sending your CV and covering letter outlining your suitability for the position, including salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applicants is Friday 8th February 2019.
Future Skills Academy - Sports Turf Management Tutor/Lecturer
Sports Turf Tutor
Future Skills Academy is a private tertiary education provider located in Manukau, specialising in foundation and vocational training from Level 3 to Level 6. Future Skills in partnership with Otago Polytechnic, is offering a New Zealand Certificate in Horticulture Services (Sports Turf) Level 4 programme starting in 2019. We are seeking a suitably qualified Sports Turf tutor to teach this programme.
This is a full-time, permanent position commencing in March 2019.
The successful applicant will ideally have:
• Minimum of National Certificate in Sports Turf Management level 4
• Minimum of 10 years in the industry
• Strong understanding of modern industry practice
• Teaching or training experience preferred
• Good network and relationship management
Full support and training will be provided to the successful applicant .
For more information contact Lida Rowhani on (09) 2631212 or 022 3069355
Applications close when suitable candidates are identified.
Course Foreman (3IC) - Job Description
The Royal Auckland and Grange Golf Club is one of the most exclusive private member golf clubs in Auckland, New Zealand. We are currently looking for an energetic individual who is looking to take the next step in their career to a management level. The position would be actively involved with our Nicklaus design redevelopment project and includes exciting technology such as SubAir, Better Billy Bunker, Rainbird irrigation and drone technology.
Over the next three years’ our famous courses will be transformed into a world class 27 hole facility which will also include a brand new agronomy department and workshop. In addition to this, a world class landscape architect company from the US has been commissioned to work in collaboration with the Nicklaus design to develop a landscape masterplan. To this point, we are looking for a suitably experienced and qualified Greenkeeper to step into the senior role.
Established in 1894, our Club has a proud and long history and is excited about our upcoming construction phase. We are looking for a positive individual who sets very high standards, is a team player, embraces change and will help mentor our Junior staff.
A detailed job description is available by request. An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate.
Close Date Friday 1st February 2019. Please contact Mark Hooker – email@example.com – for more details on the role or to apply in writing.
Greenkeepers - Job Description
The Royal Auckland and Grange Golf Club is one of the most exclusive private member golf clubs in Auckland, New Zealand. We are currently looking for greenkeepers to join our expanding team as we move from an 18 hole golf course to a world class 27 hole golf course. Our property is currently in different phases of redevelopment which include ongoing maintenance of 18 holes as well as construction and grow-in of our first 18 holes scheduled for opening at the end of 2019. The positions we are looking to fill will provide variety and involvement with our Nicklaus design redevelopment project which includes exciting technology such as SubAir, Better Billy Bunker, Rainbird irrigation and drone technology.
Over the next three years’ our famous courses will be transformed into a world class 27 hole facility which will also include a brand new agronomy department and workshop. In addition to this, a world class landscape architect company from the US has been commissioned to work in collaboration with the Nicklaus design to develop a landscape masterplan.
Established in 1894, our Club has a proud and long history and is excited about our upcoming construction phase. We are looking for individuals who sets very high standards, are team players and who want to be part of a major golf development project in NZ.
A detailed job description is available by request. An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidates.
Close Date Friday 1st February 2019. Please contact Mark Hooker – firstname.lastname@example.org – for more details on the role or to apply in writing.
Ohope International Golf Club - Head Greenkeeper
A position has become available for a Head Greenkeeper at Ohope International Golf Club. The position is full time to head a team of three with a trainee and a part time greenkeeper. Ohope is an 18 hole links course in the Eastern Bay of Plenty.
Applicants should have a qualification in turf management, an accreditation in chemical applications and safe handling and a mechanical understanding of greenkeeping equipment and irrigation systems.
Please apply in writing with attached CV to the manager, Ohope Golf Club PO Box 3037 Ohope 3161 or email email@example.com
Titirangi Golf Club – Assistant Greenkeeper
Titirangi Golf Club is situated in west Auckland and an opportunity has arisen to join our turf management team. Titirangi is New Zealand’s only Alistair McKenzie designed golf course and is consistently ranked in the country's top 10 rated golf courses. The club is continually improving playing conditions through course development projects and course maintenance practices.
The role would suit a self-motivated individual that is interested and enthusiastic about turf management. The successful applicant will have an understanding of the game of golf and be hardworking with attention to detail. There is scope in the position to progress into training towards turf management.
This is a fulltime hands-on role which includes weekend work on a roster basis to complete course maintenance.
Ideal Skill Criteria:
· Must be comfortable working outdoors in all weather conditions
· Physically fit to carry out manual handling tasks
· Previous golf course machinery experience preferred but not essential
· Honest and reliable with good communication skills
· Understanding of workplace health & safety requirements and reporting
· A team player that works well with others and on their own
· Applicants must be able to work in New Zealand
Remuneration will be based on skill level and experience.
Send applications including a covering letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, only successful applications will be replied to.
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the position of Greens Superintendent for the above club, as the position has become vacant.
We are looking for applicants with the following skills and experience.
Sports Turf Qualification, Level 4 preferable. (However previous experience will be taken into account)
Previous Greenkeeping/Grounds experience
Keen eye for detail and a passion for Course Presentation
Ability to work unsupervised as well as be part of a large focused team
Ability to manage a team, including volunteers.
The ability to operate and maintain various equipment
Flexibility with hours needed including ability to work weekends when required
Valid Driver’s Licence
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work Visa
Also be able to work through a management committee.
The Methven Golf Club is an 18 hole course with a practice area adjacent, All equipment of a high standard.
Job description on our website www.methvengolf.co.nz
Further information available on request contact:
Piers Roulton 027 631 3951
Mark Gorman Phone 027 457 8333
Applications Close 20 January 2019
Forward C.V.’s and applications to
Methven Golf Club
P O Box 20
or email email@example.com
We have an exciting opportunity for a passionate Greenkeeper to be a part of our world-class and high performing team.
Set on over 500 acres of lush green fairways, rolling hills and gentle streams, Millbrook Resort is an internationally acclaimed, luxury lifestyle resort, and we are proud to be an employer of choice within New Zealand. We seek exceptional people like yourself who are passionate about greenkeeping to come and join our amazing team!
The Role Millbrook Resort has an iconic and award winning 27-hole champion golf course, which is renowned as world-class in terms of design, beauty and is well-known for co-hosting the NZ Open. The role is vital in maintaining and presenting the golf course to the highest championship standards, in addition to project work on the course. We offer comprehensive training and development programs with an emphasis on excellent long term career growth. As well as, being a part of a collaborative team, focusing on delivering an exceptional golfing experience for our guests and members.
· Qualification in Turf Management
· Knowledge of golf course maintenance
· High level of attention to detail and exceptional time management skills
· Outstanding communication skills, coupled with a "can do" attitude
· Ability to work on own initiative, as well as, work as an effective team player
· Must be physically fit, as the role requires manual handling
· Driver's Licence is essential
We believe our people are our greatest assets, and love rewarding our hard-working team members. At Millbrook we encourage learning and professional development to help you grow and perform within your career. When you join the Millbrook family you will also enjoy a number of exciting benefits including; Discounts on products and services; Easy free car parking; Complimentary staff meals; and a daily travel allowance for team members who live more than 25km from the resort.
If you wish to work in this dynamic, challenging and busy environment and have the attributes above, we'd love to hear from you. Begin your Millbrook journey today and apply!
To apply for this job go to: http://www.millbrook.co.nz/careers and search for reference number 4486214.
Applications close: 31 January 2019.
You must have a valid NZ Working Visa to apply.
HIKURANGI GOLF CLUB – GREENKEEPER