NZGCSA Graduate of the Year
Supported by Power Turf
The NZGCSA Graduate of the Year Award with the support of PowerTurf and Jacobsen is an annual award that recognises the top graduating trainee in the country, someone that demonstrates and performs to a high standard throughout their apprenticeship period.
Selection of Candidates:
· The candidates will be determined by assessment results from theory studies and block-course performance in consultation with the Primary ITO.
· Candidates will be near completing or have finished their training to be eligible for the award
· The winning prize will be determined on a year by year basis but will involve a overseas experience in relation to golf course turf management.
· This will be carried out over a one day period involving both theory and practical challenges.
· Candidates will be notified upon what type of criteria will make up the examination.
Past winners of NZGCSA Graduate of the Year:
2016 Mark Mills - Hastings Golf Club
2015 Scott Dunkerley - Karori Golf Club
2013 Tony Wood - North Shore Golf Club
2011 Owen Williams - Waitemata Golf Club
2009 Wendy Horneman - Pakaranga Country Club
2007 James O'Malley - Millbrook Resort
2005 Ben Sheriff - Poverty Bay Golf Club
2004 Dane Hawker - Kerikeri Golf Club
2002 Glen Findlayson - Fielding Golf Club
2001 Blair Dibley - Royal Auckland Golf Club
2000 Brendan O'Hara - Manawatu Golf Club
1998 Greg Swafford - Inglewood Golf Club
1997 Jason Hunter - Remuera Golf Club
1996 Greg Hogan - Manawatu Golf Club